My Blog List

All About Me


Some may know me as the grandson of slavery, or the Gentle Giant, or Mr.Civil Rights. But I see myself as just another person who wants to stand up for something I believe in. For one, I believe there is a bad situation going on in America, which is segregation . The country is blinded by the many tragedies and conflicts because of segregation. I am committed to try to make a better country by ending segregation. I am a member and secretary of the N.A.A.C.P., which our job is to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of colored men and women. I am a social leader and an activist in this special association. Also I experienced vile racism during the 1950's. During the past few years, I have been involved in many cases dealing with racism such as the lynching of black people cases, the famous Brown vs. Board of Ed case, and others. I would do whatever I can to help support the cause to end segregation and racism throughout America. I also became a B.O. and a news editor for the Kansas City Call newspaper. As I continue to try to change the way America thinks, I hope others will join me as well. We need someone who has no fear or embarrassment on helping those who need it and stand up for their rights, someone like Martin Luther King Jr., Rosa Parks, or Eleanor Roosevelt. But as time goes on, I only work and hope where blacks and whites can go to the same school and socialize without anyone criticizing anyone for doing so and for blacks and whites to remain equal, friendly neighbors. The one word for all these amazing things to happen is integration 

                                       -April 6, 1971





 

No comments:

Post a Comment